Wednesday 3 August 2011

Swimming Gala entry levels..

In swimming there are different levels in different galas.

A level 1 open meet is the hardest as the times are very fast just to be able to get in.
A level 2 is slightly slower entry times than level 1.
A level 3 has usually quite reasonable entry times.
But A level 4 open meet is the easiest gala in regards to qualifying times.

I have competed at all levels of galas but the level 1's I know I have to be prepared to be 'scratched' which is when the slower entrants are removed to allow faster swimmers to compete.  Although it is not nice to be scratched it does happen and I try not to worry about it too much as it means I can go all out with the races I do get.

There are galas out there for all levels of swimmers - why not have a go and have some fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment


Olympic swimmer Darren Mew